Are you renting in your absolute ideal home? Can you see yourself living there permanently?
If you’re in a renting situation where you wish you owned your home, but haven’t quite been able to save the money required for a full mortgage deposit, there is a way.
Our Rent to Buy and lease options help tenants to own their own homes, and escape the rental bubble. Traditionally, our Rent to Buy schemes starts by setting up a tenant buyer with their ideal property, but the great thing here is that you have already found yours! (If you aren’t familiar with how a traditional Rent to Buy works then you can read more here.)
So, How Would a Lease Option Work for You?
If you are renting your ideal property, and simply want to make the transition from renting it to Renting to Buy, then we have the perfect solution for you. Simply ask your landlord if they would be interested in you purchasing the property through a lease option. Your landlord may be fed up with the hassle and stress that can sometimes come with being a landlord, or may simply want to downgrade their property portfolio. Explain to them that the scheme usually lasts a few years, so they would still be receiving rent from you as normal, up until you fully purchase the property.
If you are still not convinced that your landlord would be keen to sell their property through this scheme, then allow us to give you a handy list of reasons why many landlords are selling their home through a lease option:
Why Would Your Landlord Want to Rent to Sell?
– They would get all of their rental payments as usual, which would continue guaranteed for the entirety of the lease term.
– The lease term usually lasts a few years, at a minimum average of 3 years. This means that they would still get all the positives from renting.
– Their responsibilities as your landlord would become minimised, as you would now be responsible for the majority of upkeep and property maintenance.
– They would receive the full property market value at the end of the lease term.
– They would be able to go seamlessly from renting to selling, without having any gaps in the property generating income for them.
– If they are fed up or tired of the responsibilities of being a landlord, you are offering the solution.
– If they are looking for a way out of renting out their property in a few years, this is the best way for them to accomplish that.
There are many other reasons why your landlord would potentially want to sell the property to you on a lease term, so it would be useful for you to start the discussion.
If you need any additional information for how to approach your landlord about lease purchasing, simply contact us. We can also set up a solution where we can send your landlord a letter with a brief outline and examples of lease purchase situations that have been successful.
Contact us today, and we can help you finally own your ideal home, possibly without even having to move!